Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Embossed Silhouettes

I love this stamp set! It is so perfect for embossing as well as the Zindorf brayer technique. As usual, I was inspired by the many creative ideas on Splitcoaststampers, but this layout is my own.

I actually didn't brayer on this one, I decided to try sponging instead. I started by sponging So Saffron in the area where the moon is, then masking and sponging graduated layers in Night of Navy, Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, and Pink Pirouette.

Then I stamped the tree/grass image and the wolf from Nature Silhouettes in Versamark and embossed in black. The embossing turned out a bit splotchy but it's not a bad effect. It is matted on Night of Navy cardstock.

The base is Kraft stamped with the Sanded background stamp in Sahara Sand. The birthday sentiment from Sincere Salutations is stamped in Night of Navy.

I love the antique brass jumbo eyelets - the rustic look of them is perfect for this card. I finished off by looping hemp twine through a few times.

This stamp set is perfect for masculine cards. I made this card for a friend's birthday and I hope he liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment